turqoise dots background

Monday, June 1, 2009

There was a moth the size of GIRAT!!

I know I have been really bad at updating lately. SORRY. So here is an update of my life as of late…

1. Over Memorial Day weekend we made the trek down to Vegas for Maddie’s sealing. It was amazing

finally sealed forever!
everyone that came

my family that could be there


cute little miss maddie

we raced to the car... :)

my mom and my sisters

2. This past week we started our window washing business. We went door to door advertising on Tuesday and got appointments for the rest of the week. So far it has just been with people we know. But, it has been decent money. We are hoping that once we get away from people we know it stays being a decent amount of work and money.

3. We went camping on Friday night. It was a good time! We got a pretty late start, but luckily it doesn’t get dark here until about 10. So we found a spot with enough daylight to set up camp. Then we made tinfoil dinners and smores. Mmmm mmm yum! We didn’t have long tongs or a good poker stick for roasting the mallows…but we made due with what we had. Ya gotta be ghetto sometimes!

in Idaho they like to paint sayings with the rocks...

this one says Jesus loves you

peeling the potato into the fire so it would burn and no bears would come that night :)

our sweet tongs haha
our dinner before it ripped open

they were yummy. justons was best.
eating his smore!
roasting my mallow
SOOOOOO tasty!

mmm. i cant wait to make these again!

our attempt at breakfast....the stove didnt exactly work though so this took like half hour to make and so we just brought everything else home!

enough said....


We did have one funny moment. There was a bat. But we didn’t know it was a bat….and it flew RIGHT AT ME! I was like, um, ok what the heck is that?! And Juston goes, oh it was just a moth! Me being the extremely witty girl I am replies with, “YEAH! A moth the size of GIRAT!!!” um, excuse me what?! Don’t ask me what I meant. I’m not even sure. I think giraffe, Jurassic Park, and dinosaur were all going through my head at the same time. WHY!? I don’t know. I’m thinking this is one of those had to be there moments, but it was way funny to us. We laughed for like 10 minutes. Ok we still laugh when we think about it!
4. WE MADE FRIENDS!!! We laugh because we say we are dating them. There is another couple in the ward living with his parents for the summer. They have been married a few years and he is about to go to some sort of medical school. Juston knew them growing up, which makes it kinda nice. But we say we are dating them because when we were trying to ask them to hang out we felt like we were asking them on a date. So since then we’ve kept the joke going a bit and when we left their house we were like SCORE! WE GOT A SECOND DATE!! Haha. Maybe we’ll tell them one day we are dating and want to get a bit more serious. Hehe.
5. Also, Juston and I got callings!! He is a teachers quorum advisor and I am a nursery leader. I love it so far. The only thing I’m not loving about it is that I never get to go to the lessons or anything anymore. I usually really look forward to Relief Society lessons and such. But that’s ok! I’m really excited to get to play with the kids every week. I’ve definitely been missing having a regular fix of kids since I moved away from home. Between siblings and babysitting the Mickelsons I got a regular fix at home....so I’m excited to have something else now!

1 comment:

Brittany and Tyler said...

Looks like you had fun camping. Sorry I did not tell you I had a blog.... now you know, can leave me comments and talk to me even MORE :) haha. It is mine for now, but soon Tyler and I will share it :)