turqoise dots background

Monday, June 29, 2009

Newport Beach Temple

While we were at the beach we decided to go to the temple together. It was cool to go to the temple with my parents and my sister and brother in law. I loved it. It was funny though because you could definitely tell we were the only vacationers there. We were the only ones with any kind of tan (or I guess I should say super bad burns...). Everyone else was still pretty white. It made us laugh a little. After we decided to take pictures, and asked a couple that came out right before us to take them for us. They were a super funny couple and we couldn't have asked for anyone better to take our pictures!

This temple is so beautiful and I loved all of it. Inside and out!
All of us outside the temple





Juston and Devin being goofballs

again....they do this a lot
Posing around Devin
Devin held this pose for all of us to pose around him haha
Juston and I
Darci and I
The temple
In front of the fountain.
Hahaha....ok so story.....
I have had this dream/goal forever that I want to visit as many of the temples in the world as I possibly can. SO, whenever we are on vacation we have to stop and see the temples. This is part of why we went to the temple. Well, Juston and I decided we needed to take a picture in front of all the temples we go to so we can remember. I thought this was very smart because I tried to write down all the temple I had been to and I couldn't remember. So pictures will be a good way to help us remember our experiences at each one.

WELL....back to the story....
This sign is out on the corner, kinda far away from the parking lot. We thought we could hurry and pull off out of the way and run to take a picture really fast. Nobody else was in sight so we thought we were fine. Well, as soon as the three of us got across the street a car pulled up behind us. My dad just tried to pull off farther so they would realize to go around. Well they didn't get it. So we are trying to hurry as fast as we can. And ANOTHER car pulls up. And starts HONKING AND HONKING! But there wasn't really anywhere for my dad to go. He tried to turn but the street was really busy so that was kinda a bad idea. So the car keeps freaking out and we run back over and get in the car so we can go. The car right behind us was laughing really hard (turns out it was the same couple that took our pictures right after we came out of the temple) but the other car was just FREAKING OUT! We couldn't believe that they were coming out of the temple like that. It made us laugh.

1 comment:

Tiffani said...

Brighton- I love your blog! I don't have one yet, but I think I want to get one because I just love looking at your pictures and reading your funny stories!