First thing to check off my list of blogging topics: Our new ward. You can thank the fact that I go to a church school that has Tuesday devotional...that I'm ditching :) and instead of doing homework I am catching up on a little blogging.
Anyway. We aren't completely new to the ward. We have visited a few times. We love the fact that it is a lot smaller than our new ward. (Let me put it into perspective of the difference...our old ward had 63 new couples move in within ONE WEEK I believe it was. And I think that was maybe a third of the ward. Well, this ward has about 65 couples in it TOTAL.) We are excited to actually be able to get to know people (the girls in Relief Society already recognize me...which never happened the whole 3 months we were in our other ward), have callings, and not feel so awkward every week. We also love that it isn't ALL newlyweds. There is a pretty good mix.
Well folks, that good mix makes for some GREAT sacrament meeting entertainment.
For example, this Sunday there was the cutest little black boy I'd ever seen. He kept getting away from his mom and running up and down the isles, up on the stage, through the seats up there, played with the organ (luckily he never figured out it could make noise), and was just all over the place. It was really quite comical. At the end the bishop finally held him on his lap through the prayer.
Now, I don't know that I would love that much disruption EVERY week (sometimes I do listen ya know), but sometimes it is fun. Especially because I don't have my own rugrats doing the same thing yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment