turqoise dots background

Friday, May 7, 2010

Addition to my Mazatlan post

This isn't even that big of a deal, but I can't believe I left it out. We were talking about our trip last night and how I realized I was actually afraid of a lot more than I realized. I started to list everything and all the times I was scared on the trip. As we were listing them I realized that I totally left this little story out.

When we went to Mazatlan we really didn't plan on spending very much money. We took what we thought was plenty in cash and my credit card just in case. Well, it ended up not being enough cash so we decided to have Juston go back and get more. I figured out about how long he should be gone (which really wasn't long) and just sat and read my book. (now, I'm not really sure why I didn't go with him. I guess we didn't want to lose our umbrella and beach chairs or something) Anyway. He should have been gone for a half hour -45 min TOPS. After an hour I started to get really panicky. I had NO money with me, no phone, nothing. There were a lot of other people from our cruise ship on the same beach so I was trying to figure out how I could convince some of them to share a taxi back to the boat with me, etc etc. I started to think of the worst....something had happened to Juston, he didn't remember how to tell the taxi where we were, you know...anything crazy I probably thought it. Eventually he got back and all was fine (obviously). His first taxi driver took him to the wrong place and didn't speak English and didn't believe Juston actually spoke Spanish (even when he was speaking Spanish haha). But, I can't even tell you how happy I was to see him when he got back. I don't think I let him out of my sight pretty much the rest of the trip!

Anyway, just a funny story I didn't want to forget!

1 comment:

Alex, Orchid, Layla, & Leo Christensen said...

I'm such a freak... you have no idea... I get sooo worried so fast so I'm not shocked or weirded out by that at all.