turqoise dots background

Friday, May 7, 2010

Mazatlan! (Part 5)

Mazatlan was a great day! We decided to make it a beach day because we hadn't really heard many good things about the city and there didn't seem to be anything we really wanted to do. Once we got off the ship we just took a taxi to the beach. That was definitely the CRAZIEST taxi ride I had ever been on! I felt a little bit like I was on the Knight Bus in Harry Potter. We were going at least 75 the whole time, weaving between things I didn't think we could fit through (seriously, I think we were within inches of things on the side of us a few times), and didn't stop for anything! On one busy street we came to a stop light...and rather than wait in line he got right up in the intersection in front of everyone. At first I laughed thinking we just had a crazy driver...but then 5 more taxis did it! When we could go it was a race to see who could get off the line first. At that point I felt like we were in go-karts or something!

Once we got to the beach we decided to go parasailing. It was SOOO fun!! I wanted to go again! I was really nervous (like always....hello, I am totally afraid of heights!) at first, but definitely loved it! We each got to go for about 5 minutes. The nice thing was because we got there early and went right when we got there they brought us an umbrella and beach chairs.

But, our FAVORITE part of the day, was getting massages in a little tent on the beach! I really don't know how it gets any better than that!

After our massages we just kept hangin out on the beach, and our friends we met the day before met up with us there. Juston also bought a cowboy hat and I bought a sundress. Definitely a good day!!

getting ready to parasail

up in the air!

juston in the air

juston with his new hat (even though this isn't mazatlan haha)

Sorry for the lack of pictures this time....since we just sat on the beach most of the day we didn't take tons of pictures....

No comments: