So apparently not only do I suck at updating my blog, I suck at taking pictures. I only have these few pictures from our Christmas activities. Oops.
Anyway. Christmas in Las Vegas was great this year. I loved getting to see everyone so much, especially Bridger. :)
Our Christmas Eve festivities included:
--Dinner with Julia's family
--Acting out the Nativity. My mom even got me a sheep hat thing for my sheep costume.
--Opening gifts from each other
--Getting our PJs. They are super cute/comfy. The girls are black/grey polka dots with red shirts and the boys got black/grey plaid with red shirts. We never ended up taking our yearly picture in our pjs.
--Big sleepover in Dakota's room. Yes Juston and I shared a twin bed.
--Played Angry Birds on my phone until 3 am
Christmas, like always, was amazing. I got TOTALLY spoiled and was surprised by almost every gift I got. That (being surprised) hasn't happened in a long time. It was fun and made me feel like a little kid again. We woke up fairly late for us (like 6:30 or 7) to open gifts. I don't think we have EVER slept in that late before. After we opened gifts my mom made breakfast casserole and we all just hung out. The boys went on a bike ride and got nice and dirty. The rest of the day was spent just hanging out and playing the Kinect. That night we had hamburgers, fries, and milkshakes for dinner. It worked out nicely because Jamen wanted them for his birthday dinner and Juston usually has that for Christmas Eve dinner. We wanted to incorporate his tradition this year so this was perfect.
For Christmas I got:
--Wii Fit Plus
--A KitchenAid
--A piano keyboard (SUPER surprised by this. And we finally made room in our office so I can play it now! I am excited to re-learn how to play)
--lots of clothes
--a zebra print snuggie
--cookbooks
-A griddle (which we make breakfast on most mornings now!)
--canned food
Juston got:
--a bowling ball (hahaha it was really funny. It had the name "Kareen" on it and the finger holes were too small. When we were leaving he said my family could have it or my mom could take it back to DI. But then when we got here he had forgotten that and kept wondering where it was)
--Vans shoes. He LOVES these and has been wanting them for a long time
--Some home theater speakers. Which we can't really use haha.
--A new CAMERA! He got a Nikon P100 I think it is. I don't know a lot about cameras, but I guess it is kind of a step down from a SLR and a step above a point and shoot. I wanted to get him an SLR but that really wasn't in my price range.
--Wii games
--new sweaters (exactly the kind he wanted). they also happen to match with the other boys in the family haha.
--lots of canned food! (we asked for small food storage items. I want to work on our food storage, but with where we live we really don't have room for a lot right now. So he got most of it as gifts, which was actually pretty funny. He also got mushrooms because my mom knows I would NEVER buy them)
--LOTS of BSU stuff. A snuggie (yes it was regifted from my birthday gift. But it was the perfect blue so I just had to embroider it with orange!) A sweater (which was too small so we had his parents get the right size for him. So we now have matching ones) PJ pants, shoes, a camera strap, and toothbrushes (well, he got blue and orange toothbrushes. not EXACTLY bsu, but it works)
We really did have an awesome Christmas. We are so glad we were able to spend so much time with my family!
No comments:
Post a Comment