turqoise dots background

Monday, January 10, 2011

Thoughts

I have been doing a lot of thinking about my life lately, and quite frankly I am just scared.  There are a LOT of big changes in my life coming up very quickly.  We want a baby, we are graduating from BYU-I this year, moving 1-3 times, student teaching, Juston applying for grad school.....the list goes on and on.  I feel like all of these are huge....am I ready? Can I do this?  It is all seemed so much easier when it was in the distant future.  Now that it is in the near future I am a little scared.  I haven't really ever done anything except school.  Yes, I've had lots of jobs and things like that, but never anything REAL.  I've babysat tons, but that is nothing compared to being a MOM. I've had lots of time in classrooms, but that was more as an aide than as a teacher.  Everything is getting so close and I am just getting more and more nervous.

On Thursday I start my first day in the classroom for my Senior Practicum.  It will be the entire school day twice a week.  During this semester I have to teach 10 formal lessons and at least 10 informal lessons.  So pretty much I will be teaching every day.  The last time I actually TAUGHT was like 5 semesters ago.  And neither of those lessons went all that amazingly.  Teaching scares me a little bit.  I don't feel ready yet.  But, I guess it is good that I have this semester before I student teach.  At least I will get a lot of practice before I am teaching ALL day EVERY day, right?  I really hope I learn a lot in this class so I can actually do student teaching......

Oh life....I keep saying I am excited to join the real world.  But what really is the REAL world? And why am I so excited to leave this comfort zone?  Yes, school is stressful and the cold/snow are sometimes less than desirable.  But this little town is comfortable.  I know it.  I have lots of friends here.  I have teachers to ask questions to.  What do I do when I leave all of this?

I can do this.  I know I can.  I just needed to spill some of my thoughts/feelings I'm having.....

2 comments:

Jessica.Greco said...

Brighton, I know in all my heart that you will be a great mother, and a great teacher!! You're an awesome person, and an even better friend!! Keep your head up!

Linds Barttels said...

ooo my love!! don't worry! there are so many unknowns, the farther you get into the "real" world the more there are and that is the adventure!:) think about how AWESOME it is you are graduating and you could end up anywhere and what a new start and new adventures are ahead!! :) everyone feels the way you do. EVERYONE.