turqoise dots background

Monday, September 19, 2011

35 Weeks



Well I am officially 35 weeks! I can definitely tell I am getting close to the end. He is feeling much bigger in there - making me much more uncomfortable.  Although it seems like my belly has dropped, he has decided to take residence much higher than before.  He seems to push into my ribs a lot more now - making it hard to breath sometimes.  He still feels like he rolls around a lot.  I don't really know how he does that because he seems so squished.  I also have heartburn 24/7 now.

Oh, I should take a picture of my feet sometime soon.  My feet (and hands a little bit) have always been the part of me that has really gotten swollen.  Lately they have REALLY gotten swollen. It is kind of crazy. I have started to sleep with my feet propped up. It helps some, but is pretty uncomfortable. I can't really wear anything except flip flops anymore - and even those are getting to be pretty tight.  I often have indents on my feet from where my flip flops were. I think I will be going to WalMart to get a bigger pair soon. My hands have also gotten more swollen. Before we left Rexburg I wanted to get a ring that fit and still looked somewhat like a wedding ring (mine hasn't fit pretty much since my first trimester).  I found a good one for 20 bucks at WalMart. Score. I bought it a little big to give me more room to grow. Well, now it doesn't fit either. I hate not wearing a ring. Oh well I guess.

At my last appointment (on Thursday) he measured my belly and said I was measuring at 37.  So basically - 2 weeks bigger than I should be.  He said that measuring two weeks up or down is normal so I am just on the high end of normal.  So hopefully that means he will be coming a little early rather than being big! Ha. I am so nervous for him to be really big.

Oh, and I feel like I am SUPER emotional now. Holy cow. I cry over EVERYTHING. I'm really hoping that doesn't get worse when he comes. If it does - let's just say poor Juston.

Basically, I am physically ready for him to come. I never really understood when girls got to the "just get them out!" stage.  I have liked being pregnant (for the most part). But now, I understand.  However, at the same time I am so not ready for him to come.  We have a LOT of organizing to do in our room.  I have no idea what we really have or where it is.  We were supposed to organize this weekend but it didn't happen.

I am also getting a lot more nervous for him to come. I am so nervous about being a mom. I know that is normal and happens to everyone, but still. I am so nervous! I don't feel ready for this at all. How do you feel ready?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, at least its not like Rexburg where if you go out for five minutes without a ring all the single guys start hounding you for a date......But the pregnant belly would help prevent that I guess.... We miss you guys!

Logan and Ashleigh said...

I felt the same way...physically ready for him to come out but mentally freaked out......I can honestly say that as soon as I held Kai in my arms, I was ready....I finally felt the peace and joy and confidence that I had wanted...and thankfully our babies are VERY patient with us :)

You are gonna be SUCH a great Mom, I can't wait to see pics of the sweet boy!

The Garlands said...

You're so cute :) I understand what you mean by the whole not understanding why girls want the babies out, I'm so not there, I love being pregnant. :) tim has been ready since he found out it was a boy :) but thankfully he understands he needs to stay in until after school is done!

Angela said...

You are getting so close! I can't wait to see a picture of your new, sweet little boy. All I can tell you about your anxiety is that once you can hold your new little baby in your arms all of that will go away! And I'm sure it will be a big help to have your mom nearby too :) The Best is yet to come!