A few weekends ago we were able to go to a fair just out of town. It was held in honor of Robi Grimshaw and his family. He recently passed away from a rare form of cancer. All of the proceeds from the fair went to help cover his medical and funeral bills. I'm not sure how much money they made, but I hope it was a lot.
It was just a little fair, but it was fun to go with my family. There were a few little games, food, face painting, a small petting zoo, and swimming. We pretty much did it all! We ate lots of food (BBQ pork sandwiches), ice cream, cotton candy, etc. Plus we got to ride on an old fire truck and a little golf cart train thing. We also did the petting zoo and went up to the lake. The lake was super gross so I couldn't bring myself to go in very far. I got in far enough to squat down and splash water on myself to cool off. My mom thought the picture was so funny because it looked like I was peeing. Slate and I were super jealous of Dakota, Jamen, and Juston because they could go off the rope swing. It looked really fun. Mostly, it was just a really fun day with the family!
No comments:
Post a Comment