A few weeks ago my mom and sister Darci threw me the best baby shower EVER! Seriously I couldn't have asked for anything better. The theme was "She's about to POP" and it was adorable. Everything from the invitations to the food and decorations had something to do with popping.
The food was delicious and so cute. We had sandwich pops, fruit pops, veggie pops (we don't need to mention that at MY baby shower they put mushrooms on those. SICK haha), marshmallow pops, rice krispie pops, popcorn chicken caesar salad, carmel popcorn, chocolate popcorn, and kettle popcorn. Plus for the favors they had bags for guests to take home candy that popped - ring pops, pop rocks, bubble gum (it pops), lollipops, etc.
The decorations were ADORABLE. There were balloons everywhere. We created a little drop ceiling thing over the food, candy table, and punch out of balloons. Darci also made a really cute poster with one of my maternity pictures that said, "She's about to POP! Welcoming baby Jackson Due 10.20.11" We also put up paper polka dots everywhere (which honestly, when she was telling me about them I thought it would be ugly, but they turned out really cute!)
And last but not least, the games. I thought these were perfect. I'm not one to want a million games at any kind of shower - everyone seems to play the same ones and it just gets old after a while. But Darci and my mom put together the perfect entertainment. First, when guests arrived they were supposed to fill out a "hope" card. They had sentence starters on them such as "I hope you respect..." or "I hope you love..." etc. Everyone was supposed to pick one and fill it out for baby Jackson (or myself. Lots of people did that too). Then at the table there was scrapbook paper with tags on them for a "theme" of the page. They were supposed to use magazines to make a page that went with that theme. One of my favorites was "how she told Juston." My friend Britni put it together. She found a picture with a man looking at a computer and then a caption that said "He found out on Facebook." hahaha I thought it was so funny. There were others that were great too - like for the delivery someone put a picture of someone going down a water slide. They were all pretty dang funny. And lastly, everyone got a balloon that they had to blow up to be the same size as my belly. The way we measured was they had to put it under their shirts and compare with me. It was so funny! Everyone blew theirs up huge and could barely get them under their shirts. I was dying of laughter as we compared everyone.
It was such a fun day! I had so much fun seeing so many friends and family and just getting to visit with everyone. Thank you everyone that came! You really made me feel loved and so much more excited to have this little boy!
And especially --- Thank you to my wonderful sister and mom for putting this all together. You are the best!!






1 comment:
Wow. How impressive!! That looks like it took a TON of work!
Post a Comment