It's been a while! I am now 33 weeks pregnant! I can't believe I am that far. Only 6 1/2 more weeks until my due date. That is just crazy to me. Up to this point I haven't understood when people got to the "just get this baby out of me" stage. I hadn't really been uncomfortable or anything like that. No, I didn't like morning sickness, but it could have been worse. The second trimester was pretty good to me. So far the third trimester hasn't been bad. I am getting very uncomfortable at night though. That is the one time of day that I constantly think, "I just want to be done being pregnant!" Everyone just says, "oh just get used to it. You aren't going to sleep for the next 20+ years of your life."
But really, sleeping is the only thing I am really not liking right now. Heartburn only comes every so often. I am always hot - but I think most of that is living in Vegas. So really, I don't have much to complain about.
He is definitely getting bigger! I love to feel him move around in there. I can now distinguish what the hiccups are. He gets them almost every night when I lay down, especially on my left side. He gets active mostly after I eat and for a few minutes when I lay down and stretch out. I think it's so fun to feel his little bum or back poke out. We love to poke back at him and make him move more. Yesterday I had a funny moment with that though. I didn't really feel the pressure of him poking out. My brother and I were joking about kicking him back (poking him) when he kicks me. So I went to poke my belly and poked where his back was kind of hard. Needless to say, I'm pretty sure it hurt me and the baby didn't even flinch. Haha.
The last time the doctor checked he was head-down. I'm pretty sure he is still that way. So hopefully he stays that way up through delivery! I can't believe that is getting so close. We are supposed to go register at the hospital this week. Weird.
We also are getting things set up in our room for him. Today we are sanding and possibly painting the dresser and chair. We have the bassinet all set up. However, I still don't feel ready for this at all! Hopefully I will feel more ready soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment