turqoise dots background

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Utah!

A few weeks ago I went with my family up to Utah for a family reunion.  I went up with my mom on Sunday and we came back the next Sunday.  Traveling was hard for me - I was ready to be done by the time we got to Cedar City - but I made it.  Unfortunately Juston wasn't able to come and I missed him tons the whole week.

Monday and Tuesday my mom and her sisters went on a sisters retreat. That left Darci and I to babysit all the kids. We also left for a little while to go fabric shopping for me and get wood for Darci.  It took us seriously forever to decide on a fabric, but I did it.  I had a hard time deciding what I really wanted.  I'm excited for his room to come together though.

On Wednesday we had a little baby shower luncheon for me.  It was my mom, her sisters (Jodi and GayLynn), their girls (Sarah and Maggie), Dakota, Darci, Heather, Katrina, Caprice, and Hannah.  It was really fun to see everyone, eat a super tasty lunch, and I got some fun things.
That night it was Tevin's birthday so we had a family dinner with everyone.  It was very yummy. For dessert he opted out of cake and did a pazooki instead. Very yummy!

The next day was the family reunion. On the way there we stopped to see my Great Grandma Terry (my mom's grandma).  I haven't seen her in a really long time.  It was good to see her, but sad at the same time.  She definitely doesn't remember who we are.  It was sad because we spent a lot of time there when we were little.  I remember one time we saw her and my grandpa at the DI or something and I wanted to stay with them.  My mom said no, but I got in their cart anyway.  Well, my mom and Grandma Killpack (my mom's mom) left and went back to their house to wait for us.  When I got out to the parking lot with my great grandparents I remember freaking out that I had been left.  I remember them trying to calm me down while we drove back because they obviously knew my mom and grandma would be waiting at their house.  Anyway, it was good to see her for a little while.

After we left the nursing home we headed up the mountain for the family reunion.  Finding the campsite was quite the adventure.  We got lost a few times and Dakota had to hold her phone out the window to call for directions.  It was quite hilarious.  Once we found the campsite we set up camp and waited for everyone else to arrive.  We were all really hungry, but all of the food was in the truck that was still coming! Thankfully Darci had goldfish that we all snacked on.  The family reunion was a fun few days filled with canoeing, fishing, camp fires, stinky bathrooms, playing games, crafts, and other fun activities.   Although I really missed Juston (he would have loved being there), I had so much fun hanging out with the family.  I feel like I don't get to see that side of the family near enough.

On Saturday when we got home all the adults showered and went to the temple.  I was really not feeling good for some reason so I barely ate any of my dinner. (Which was sad because it was so good!)  It was embarrassing carrying my leftovers into the temple.  My mom, Darci, Devin, Jodi, Nate, and I were able to go to a session in the Salt Lake Temple.  It was awesome.  I definitely want to go back sometime (preferably when I am not pregnant).  Although I thought I was going to pass out a few times from the heat, it was such a great experience.  That temple is so beautiful! It is amazing to me that it was all built by hand.  I think the temple was one of the highlights of the week for me.

The next morning we got up, packed, and headed home.  This time I was able to sleep a little, which helped a lot.  I wasn't quite so focused on my discomfort for the entire drive.  When we got back I was so excited to see Juston.  We haven't been apart that long our whole marriage.  I think the longest was like 4 days or something.  So although it was a great trip, I was so glad to be home!









































No comments: