November was an interesting month. I started to get morning sickness sometime in November - that has been no fun. We also celebrated my 24th birthday. I never remember how old I am anymore. Is that weird? I seriously have to think about it almost every time. My birthday was an interesting time. My great grandma Terry passed away the week of my birthday. It was something that has caused mixed emotions with me. I am sad that she is no longer physically here with us. However, she has mentally been gone for quite some time. She unfortunately had to suffer through dementia so her memory has been diminishing for a long time. I am so glad that she is no longer suffering and is able to be with my grandma (her daughter) again.
This year my birthday landed on a Saturday. It was perfect. Jackson spent the night at Juston's parent's for the first time so that we could sleep in. It was so nice to get a little extra sleep - even though I still woke up by like 8. That day we went shopping (but didn't really buy anything) and exchanged some perfume. We also stopped buy a pet store to look at the puppies. We decided it was high time we got a dog so that night we went to the animal shelter. There were so many dogs there! It was so sad. We ended up getting a black male Papillon that's about 3 years old. He was a stray so they didn't really have any info on him. So far he's been a pretty good dog. He is BEST friends with Jackson. He was afraid of Juston and I at first but has gotten much better. He is still jumpy around new people but is getting much better. He is mostly potty trained and has only chewed a little bit. Unfortunately one of those things was my childhood blanket that I still cuddle under. Thankfully it was only a little bit but I am still sad about it. He really has been a good dog though. He was a good birthday gift! I am really just loving watching him and Jackson interact. I am so glad our kids will have a dog for their childhood. I definitely loved having dogs growing up.
Also in November was obviously Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving this year was a little different. My family went to Utah and it was the first year Juston's parents lived here. It turned out really nicely though. We went with his family for the morning (they had "dinner" at 12) and then went to the big Noorda thanksgiving for the afternoon and evening. It was nice to spend the day with both families and not feel like we were totally splitting our time. That night my friend Nitosha and I went Black Friday shopping and scored some movies and slippers. Yes, we went out for those little things. Mostly we just went for the fun. Watching how intense everyone gets never ceases to amuse me. It was fun though and I'm glad we went.
Oh, it should also be noted we went most of October, November, and part of December with no car. That was an adventure!
Sorry for the lack of pictures. I'll put some up one day, maybe!
No comments:
Post a Comment