turqoise dots background

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Juston Update

I haven't really written an update because there hasn't been a LOT to update about.  So here's what been happening:

We went to the internist (Dr. Cal  Noorda - a relative) on Wednesday.  We found out a lot but nothing at the same time.  We got a lot of info about medicines.  He cannot take any decongestants anymore because now that he's had a seizure they predispose him to another.  Thankfully he prescribed him a steroid nasal spray that has been helping a ton.  Now that I'm trying to write everything down I can't remember it all.  He didn't know a lot about the EEG.  He did tell us it shows seizure activity (which is what the abnormalities are).  He is trying to get our insurance worked out so we can get into a neurologist.  We will hopefully find out a little more when we can get into see the neurologist.  That will hopefully be within the next week.

At the appointment they ran a bunch of blood tests.  One was to measure his Kepra levels (the medicine he's on).  We found out last night his levels are low so his dosage needs to be raised.  Boo.  He has to take the same dose in the morning and then one and a half pills at night.  Juston slept MUCH more soundly last night (which means so did I).  However, we are back to square one with the side effects.  He woke up feeling super dizzy and things being a little blurry.  Those are normal side effects but they are not fun.  I'm hoping he can get used to it quickly.

So, that's it for now.  Not a lot of answers and still struggling to get used to the medicine.

No comments: