Tonight he was so sad to go to bed. He hasn't done that in a long time so it was hard for me. I just wanted to hold him and snuggle all night. But alas, I couldn't. For one, I could barely stand I was so nauseous tonight. For two, he would never fall asleep in my arms. So I put him down and immediately went to watch him on the video monitor. Luckily, he stopped crying after about 30 seconds. He immediately laid down and started fluffing and fixing his new favorite blanket.
When Jackson was sick and throwing up a few weeks ago we had to change his blankets and sheets quite a few times. Juston usually did that because I had such a hard time with the throw up. On the last time we had to change everything out Juston put a fleece blanket in there. He didn't know this blanket held special meaning to me. It was a blanket my grandma made for me just a little while before she died. After she died I had a hard time using it. I didn't want it to get old or ruined or something like that. I basically stopped using it so I could preserve it. When I first saw it in his crib I cringed a little. The same thoughts came back about not wanting to mess it up. But then I really thought about it and knew it should be used. And really, it made me feel good to see him loving on something that was special to me. That blanket is still in there. Every time he lays in his crib he fluffs it up and cuddles up with it before falling asleep. I don't think I have ever looked at the monitor when he wasn't cuddled or wrapped up with it somehow. Sometimes he just lays on top of it and sometimes he gets all twisted and wrapped in it. I love it. It melts my heart every time. I'm so glad he lays with it and loves it. I kind of hope it becomes his blanket he loves through his childhood.
Watching him lay with it tonight was my happy place. It was a really good few minutes.
![]() |
| The blue blanket he is laying on is the new blanket he loves. :) |

2 comments:
That is so cute. I have a blanket like that. I didn't stop using it because I didn't want it to get ruined we just have had it under our bed and so it's out of sight. But I hope to keep it always since I got before my grandma died too.
Talmage has those same jammies! Costco?
this was such a sweet post. I love blankets and hold on to so many of them for the same reason. I was excited when we found out we were having a girl because I wanted her to have my baby blanket in her crib..and now she has 3 of my own blankets from childhood in her bed. haha. it might be overkill but each one is so special. I'm glad Jackson is feeling better and has a lovey to snuggle :]
Post a Comment