I have this trip to Africa planned. We are going to do a lot of humanitarian aid type things. I was supposed to go July 28 to August 11. Today my aunt (the person in charge of the trip) called to tell me its now May 19th to June 2...or else it will be $800 more. I planned this trip before I ever even thought about dating Juston. Its a very expensive trip...4000 buckaroos...my parents were supposed to pay for it up front and I would pay them back for half of it.
We already paid the deposit, but this month the first half is due. Thanks to the wedding and everything we are spending for that....its not seeming like such a grand idea anymore.
I'm not sure if its possible anymore. I don't know if I really should go or not. Juston and I have absolutely no money right now, so earning the money to pay my parents back is sorta stressful.
I have started to feel like rather than doors of opportunity opening, they are closing. Its seeming like a worse and worse idea all the time.
But at the same time, is that really what this is? Juston isn't very excited with this idea of me going. He doesn't like it at all actually. But, he doesn't tell me no. Well, when all of this new stress of it happened today, I expressed my thoughts about the doors closing instead of opening. Well, he brought up the thought of maybe they just seem like they are closing so I'll work harder to get there.
So which is right? Going or not? I'm having such a hard time with this right now. Will it somehow work out financially? Or is this just something I need to let go of? Oh decisions.
What is your advice?
7 comments:
obviously my advice is to pray, because he knows the answer. but you can't pray with which one should i choose. you should pray saying. I AM GOING TO AFRICA father in heaven, what do you think of my decision?
i am kinda stuck too. because i got offered to go play softball and represent the US over in Europe over the summer. but it is 6500 dollas... so... i dont know what to say cause i dont know what to say for myself either....
i think the first color i get when i get braces is gonna be red..
yes i am serious! why else would i waste time writing that LOOOOOONG comment.... psh, do i ever lie...
and dont make fun of me causse i gonna have braces for the wedding, i believe you had a certain pair of glasses when you were younger, dont even get me goin!!!
i feel like i am stalking you, but you are my sister so i am allowed to, but only 38 more days of being single, what are ya gonna do? (38 days until i get my room back, yes every bit of wedding related stuff is in my room and i no longer have a closet, that is taken too...)
Honestly, I know you had your heart set on it, but I wouldn't go. Maybe this is the Lord's way of telling you that you need to not go...just my opinion. I just know how hard it is to make ends meet when you get married and marriage is all about sacrifice. Are you having a bridal shower? :)
girl. that is a freaking hard decision. I hate money and the things it makes you decide. but of course..pray about it..easier said then done though right? i know. but itll work eventually..and youll get your answer. I guess just dont doubt have faith. AND if u decide not to go..i would be interested in taking ur spot possibly?
Devin wasn't happy about me going to China for a month three weeks after we got married, but I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad that I did(did I use enough o's?). I'm telling you...you'll never get another opportunity to do something like that again. Maybe when you're old and retired, but it will be different...and you'll be paying to two people instead of one. I would definitely go. It may seem like a lot of money right now, but in the long run, its not, and you'll be so humbled by the experience that you'll never want to spend money again when you get home! I'm not saying it wont be hard, but it's worth it. GO! You'll really regret it if you dont. And the money will come. I remember when I was trying to save for my Africa trip, and it really didnt seem like I had enough time to make enough for it...but somehow-I did. And you will too.
Post a Comment