turqoise dots background

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Ouch



This may or may not be what my skin looks like at the moment.
YES! I admit it. I went to a tanning bed. But, I love tanning beds. They are a good way to start a base tan, AND, they are oh so relaxing. UNLESS, you ask the lady, "so, I haven't been tanning in a long time (I'd say a few years....with minimal actual sun exposure also), but I don't usually burn easily...how long would you recommend I go?" she tells me some number like 12 or 13 min. I thought to myself "YEAH RIGHT!" well, I'm not quite that smart. I decided on 10. so now I have a nice cherry colored bum, and very pink torso. its great. Hence the reason I am still awake at 2 am....it hurts to lay down.
oh and the even better part. right after we went tanning we headed down to the hot springs. sat in nice HOT water for a good hour or two. yeah that helped tons.
lets just say, i took some Tylenol and benadryl. I'm hoping the Tylenol will ease some of the stinging burning pain, and the benadryl will knock me out soon. and keep me out. we'll see.
but hey, my goal was to not let my skin match the color of my wedding dress. i think i already succeeded :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

that is so funny brighton! i burn easilyas well! but i love to go to the tanning bed as well , i went for about 10 minuts for like a week i didnt really burn i just got a lil tan!

Shelby Lou said...

we had a yard sale today, and i am burnt to a crisp around my collar. the shirt i was wearing was a high v-neck so its a beautiful tan line, oh yeah, and my face.. not so good.

Pamela Williams said...

wait...so she recommended 12/13 & you went for ten and STILL got burned?!

if it makes you feel better i ALREADY have a flip flop tan but my legs are white as heck...

The Noorda Monkeys said...

bahahahahahahaha!!!