turqoise dots background

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Homesickness....

I can't even tell you the last time I was homesick. Okay, thats a lie, I can. It was last semester when I was going through a rough time. But thats besides the point.
I hardly ever get homesick. I like living on my own, doing my own thing.
But today, I don't know what exactly it is, but I miss home. I don't really miss living AT home, just Las Vegas I guess. I miss living near my family, and some of the people who have influenced my life so much. There are certain people who really shaped who I am today.
I miss watching everyone grow up, and growing up with them. I miss seeing my siblings all the time (even when they drive me nuts). I miss my kids and watching them grow up. All of them change so much inbetween all of my visits.
I think something thats been really hard for me, is not knowing when I'll ever be back. I mean yeah, I go for visits sometimes. But those are only for a few days here and there. After I get married, who knows when I'll even get to go visit again. What if its not until Thanksgiving or Christmas or something?!
So to those of you in Vegas (and maybe cali too)....I miss you.

3 comments:

Pamela Williams said...

brighton youre so sweet. i miss you too! we didnt really talk in HS, but ive always been way impressed with the way you live your life. youre a great example. dont worry, youre really not missing out on much here.

liNdsEYloO said...

quit yer whinin!
jk
love you too ;)

Shelby Lou said...

awww how nice! 42 days till marriage tho.. so you should be so excited. get prepared for your devirgination vacation..

check out this girls blog for some laughs

www.busybeelauren.blogspot.com just type in devirgination vacation on the top right and you will laugh till you pee your pants. SERIOUSLY