turqoise dots background

Friday, November 5, 2010

Thankful Day 2

Today I am thankful that Juston is done with Chemistry!! (Well, until he graduates.)  Yesterday was the last day to drop classes and still receive a "W" on your transcript.  We decided this was the answer to a fast we had together a few weeks ago.  It really was NOT the answer either of us expected, but we both felt like it was the best thing to do.  He was studying so much and doing everything he could to do well and was still doing bad.  Plus, his other classes were starting to suffer because he couldn't put the necessary time into them.  We were both a little nervous about doing it because we hadn't ever dropped a class before.  But after it was done it seriously felt like a huge weight had been lifted off of our shoulders.  I can't imagine how he feels if I feel this good.  We were nervous about having to pay back some of our financial aid and him getting onto academic probation because he wouldn't complete 75% of his classes and would drop under 12 credits.  However, we were able to add a class that would compliment his other classes.  It is a class that is supposed to help you learn to read your textbooks.  This is great because it will put him back to 12 credits and finishing 75% of his classes! AND, it will help (hopefully) him to do better in his other classes.  It really just feels like a win all around.  I really feel like this all worked out because Heavenly Father had a hand in it.

So today, I am thankful he is done with Chemistry and Fasting.

No comments: