turqoise dots background

Monday, November 8, 2010

Thankful Days 3, 4, and 5

Saturday, November 6, 2010
Today I am thankful for a husband who is willing to do fun, but childish things with me.  I had the random idea on Friday to turn our living room into a fort and watch movies in there all weekend.  It was definitely the best fort I have ever built.  We originally put the sheets from our couch from the ceiling fan down around the couch and some chairs.  But then we got hot so we got push pins and pinned them to the ceiling around the fan so that we could turn it on.  It is awesome to say the least.  We also brought our mattress and box spring out and laid it in the middle of it.  So now it is the same height as our couch, so we really just have a huge bed!  We pretty much spent all weekend in it, and don't really plan on taking it down for a little while :)  Oh, we also made it so our luvsac could fit in there now.  So now there is the bed, couch, and luvsac to sit on.  So if anyone wants to come watch movies in there with us let us know! haha.

This is before we put it up to the ceiling and around the fish tank.
Sunday, November 7, 2010
Today I am thankful for eating healthy.  Juston and I started the South Beach diet this week and I am really loving it.  I have lost about 3 pounds so far and about an inch on my waist.  But the thing I really love most about it is that I feel like it is possible to make this a life-style change.  I have made grilled chicken and veggies, breakfast casserole stuff, tacos, and chili.  All normal foods, I just cooked/served them a little differently.  Plus we have yummy breakfasts (eggs and turkey bacon) almost every day.  I really love feeling like we are eating yummy foods that are good for us.

Monday, November 8, 2010
Today I am thankful for warm showers.  I woke up FREEZING this morning because we left the fan on and the window open.  I had a really hard time dragging myself out of bed.  But I was so grateful for our extremely hot water that could warm me up!

I am also loving the snow today.  I am not excited for it to be here for the next 10 months, but I am loving the beauty of it today.  I think the snow and the fall leaves are so pretty together!

No comments: