turqoise dots background

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Vampires

Yesterday I had to get my blood drawn.  Normally, this isn't really that big of a deal for me since I have had to do it often for the last few months.  Every time I go they have a hard time finding a good vein.  Which is fine, because they usually don't poke me unless they know they can get my vein first.  Almost every single time they have to get the head lady to come do it for them.  Well, yesterday was no different. EXCEPT, she poked blindly.  She had found a vein with her finger first, but then took her finger off and just eyeballed it.  Since she didn't find my vein she just moved the needle around in my arm trying to find it.  I wanted to scream.  It did NOT feel good.  So after about a minute (which felt like an hour) of this, she calls for the head lady.  She comes in and keeps trying to find my vein, and pokes HARDER.  I just wanted to punch them both.  Finally, after my face went white and I told them it hurt too bad, she pulled it out.  Then she went to the other arm and found a vein and got it right in.  The first arm she poked hurt the rest of the day/night. (well really both of them did I guess)  It was not a fun experience.

Lesson learned, ask for the head lady right up front and don't let students poke me.

1 comment:

JustOn said...

we should just have Sarah poke you from now on.. at least we know where she lives, and sleeps.