turqoise dots background

Monday, October 8, 2012

Does Anyone Know....

How to get ALL of my pictures on my phone to my computer?  I can't figure it out.  So I'm asking on my blog instead of looking on youtube or something.  I want to get them all off because a, there are way too many.  b, that's what I used for Jackson's birthday (lame, I know.  I wish I would have gotten the nice camera out.  oh well)  So, if you can help me that would be fabulous.  I really would like to blog about his birthday one of these days......

1 comment:

Angela said...

What kind of phone/laptop do you have? I have an iPod/HP laptop so if that's what you have this is what you do! (if you have a Mac ask Lavinia!)
You have to plug your phone into your laptop using the USB cord. A little box will pop up asking what you want to do.

You can do it two ways.
1. Click on "Import Pictures and videos" (choose either "Windows" or "Windows Live Photo Gallery") When you choose this option it will download all pictures and video from your phone.

OR

2. Click on "Open device to view files". This is what I like to do so I can pick and choose which files I want.
Click on "Open device to view files".

After you click on "open device to view files" it should show you "Internal Storage". Click on that. Then a file will come up that says "DCIM". Click on that. Then if another file pops up click on that too.

Now you should see your pictures and videos.

On the left of the screen find "Pictures",and click on the arrow to the left of it. Keep clicking on the arrows (don't click on the WORDS) until you see the file that you want your pictures in.

Next, right click on the picture you want to move and click on "copy". Then hover over the file you want to move it too, so it's highlighted, and right click, then click on "paste".
That will move your picture to that file, and will also leave a copy on your phone.

If you don't want a copy left on your phone then just click and hold the picture and drop it into the file. It will remove it from your phone and put it in your file.

If you want to download ALL pictures and videos and not have ANY pictures left on your phone then choose the first way and it will automatically do it, after you choose where to save them. (you may have to check a little box that says "remove pictures from phone after saving" or something like that.

I hope I didn't confuse you too much!!