turqoise dots background

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Jackson's Birthday!

Holy cow, do I really have a one year old!?  I can't get over that fact.  I could always envision myself with a baby, but not older kids.  So now that I have a little boy I feel like, "uhhh, now what?!"  I can't believe he's one though.  It is definitely the "has he only been with us a year?" and the "he's already a year!?" all at the same time.

It was an interesting weekend.  I wanted to play with him and do fun things for his birthday but I didn't really get to do that.  We got him a balloon and his friend Ryker came over to play for most of the day.  He always loves that.  The balloon was funny because he was afraid of it at first, but then loved it.  We went to the park for a few minutes that night, but that was it.  I felt kind of like a bad mom.  Birthdays have always been a big fun thing in my house.  Now that it's my turn to do that for my kids I felt like I had failed a little bit.  Yes, I know he's one and doesn't know, remember, or understand birthdays.  But still.  I wanted to do better.

On Saturday Juston took him shopping for most of the morning while I set up the party and listened to conference.  It was actually really nice to have the house to myself all quiet listening to our Prophet and Apostles.  

His party was fun.  We did a monster theme.  I served monster fingers and toes (chicken fingers and corn dogs) and other sides.  Nitosha's dad made some monster posters for the kids to color.  I put google eyes on the cups for monster cups.  Jackson also had a monster bib and outfit.  I thought it turned out pretty cute.  I think those that came had a good time even though they weren't there for very long.  Jackson LOVED his cake.  And we are all excited about the new toys he was given.  It was a good day.  I'm glad we were able to celebrate.

Like I said, I can't believe his birthday has come and gone.  I'm a little sad about it.  I don't have a baby anymore.  Weird.  But he is so cute and so fun.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE his age right now.  He is so happy and fun.  I love this cute little boy so much.  I'm so glad he's in our family!

Here are a million and a half pictures from the weekend.  They are all out of order, sorry.
Jackson and Ryker at the park

Eating his carrot and kind of throwing a fit before he got his cake

As we sang happy birthday

He didn't want to let go of the carrot to eat the cake









My mom stuck the monster eye to his forehead lol







After he warmed up to the balloon

He had mac n cheese for his birthday lunch.  He was in heaven.  Especially because I let him feed himself.

He finally figured out how to drink from a straw - because dad let him try his chocolate smoothie. 

His new frog chair

The plates, cups, napkins, and forks.  Oh yeah, there was a monster for the forks

His high chair



Chair for the gifts

Monster banners

Monster banner

Food table

Corn dogs, aka monster toes

Chicken fingers, aka monster fingers

Throwing a fit getting into the high chair

the cake I made for him

singing happy birthday


getting ready to open gifts

A ball!


He didn't want to hold still to open gifts so Juston ended up on the chair with him. Haha



No comments: