turqoise dots background

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Pooping and Puking

You should be warned - there are pictures included in this post ;)

Jackson has developed quite the talent (can we call that a talent?) of pooping and puking.  First, the pooping.  Holy cow, this boy can poop.  There was a while that I could predict about when he was going to have a blow out. It was almost always when Juston was NOT home. Lucky me.  One particular day he was snoozing ever so soundly in the swing and started to fuss.  I went to check on him - talking to him and asking what was wrong.  I picked him up and discovered he had done a huge giant poop.  Through his clothes AND the blanket.  It was all the way down to his toes and all up his back. Awesome baby.  My mom pretty much just laughed at me the whole time while I cleaned him up.  I definitely did not attempt to use wipes with this clean up - I just stuck him straight into the sink.  I sent this picture to Juston and told him he was lucky to be at work or he'd be cleaning up poop ;)

One other time that was quite hilarious was when Juston discovered the poop.  We had been gone somewhere and when Juston got him out of the carseat he felt the wetness.  He thought Jackson was just sweaty - nope - he was poopy.  Juston went to change him and I was out in the living room.  All of a sudden I got a call from Juston and he said, "So um, I'm not sure how you can poop so hard that you get it into your socks...but Jackson pooped into his socks!" hahaha I was dying laughing.


Luckily Jackson loves the bath.  So when he does have these wonderful poops he goes straight to the bath!


Now for the puking.  Starting last Monday (the 5th) Jackson started projectile vomiting.  The first time was at Darci's house.  I was feeding him one minute and covered in throw up the next.  Seriously, it was SO MUCH throw up.  It was all over me.  There was really no way to clean myself up so Darci loaned me a shirt to wear home. (I now carry an extra outfit not just for Jackson, but myself as well)
That night after we set up the Christmas tree he did it again! As he was throwing up I was yelling for someone to help me and everyone just stood there.  Then my mom so kindly helped by grabbing the camera and taking pictures.  Finally Juston tried to help.  But the rag he got me was a tiny wash cloth.  Haha - it didn't really do much for me.  Finally Juston took Jackson and I went to change.  It was quite eventful.  When I went for his well-check the next day the doctor had me watch him for another night to see if he did it more.  He did - so back to the doctor we went.  We were there three times last week.  (It was actually supposed to be four but the power went out on Saturday so the office closed down.)  On Thursday when we were there the doctor had me feed him so he could re-weigh him to see how much he was eating.  Well, he pooped and puked all over again.  Luckily I had learned the trick of putting a receiving blanket between us so I didn't get puked on every time.
The doctor checked his poop and discovered that there were trace amounts of blood in it. Great. He thinks Jackson has a milk intolerance - which means no dairy for me. I hate it basically.  I'm hoping that isn't really the problem so I don't have to do this permanently.  I am glad he isn't throwing up anymore (he hasn't since Friday) but I am hating not eating dairy.  It is really hard.  I never realized how much dairy I ate until I was told not to eat it anymore.  I think in a week or two I will try eating some again and see what happens.  The doctor had thought it was a virus until then - so we'll see what happens!

the puking

me screaming for help


the rag and my shirt covered in puke

No comments: