turqoise dots background

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Fun Friday

Today was such a fun day for Jackson! I'm so glad I got to take him to do fun things instead of sitting at home bored all day. 

In the morning after taking Juston to work and getting ready we headed to the children's museum. I'm so so glad we got a pass! It has been the best. It now opens at 9 and was super empty because all the kids are in school - perfect! For a while it was just us and my friend we went with. So great big being a stress ball trying to keep track of crazy kids with tons of people. We always spend almost all of our time in the toddler room and the water room. We were there for about two hours - which is when Jackson was so tired he was basically just standing there. I got smart this time and took a few snacks for him to eat on the way home before he fell asleep. 

Of course he fell asleep on the way home (it's not close to our house) but I didn't want to risk waking him getting him inside. So I ran all the errands I could that didn't require getting out of the car! I went home to grab a couple things, went to the bank, and to the "food lady." He was asleep for almost an hour and a half! Score. 

After errands we went to my parents' to drop some stuff off and hang out. My dad decided he wanted to take all the kids to feed the ducks. Once tevin and Madeline got home from school they all loaded up into the suburban and headed to the state park. Well, there's a walking path thing close to it that they went to and walked into the park. 

My dad said Jackson walked the while way except a little bit on the way home. I'm sure he was in heaven being able to run crazy for so long. I guess once they got there the birds basically attacked them for the bread and the kids got pretty freaked out. But after that they had fun! Ha. I was able to run a quick errand while they were gone - which was nice being able to actually make it quick! Ha. 

When they got back it was time to get Juston. Jackson fell asleep on the way back. We thought he'd be out for the night - but nope! He is his fathers child. We decided to take a free meal and get little Caesars and watch the bsu football game. So he woke up long enough to eat pizza and watch football. (Which ps he can kinda follow the game, cheers when we cheer, and raises his hands and shouts touchdown whenever there is a touchdown. Like I said, his fathers child!) 

It was such a great day. He needs days like that! They keep us both sane :) plus he went to bed totally exhausted and ready to sleep. Score!













No comments: