turqoise dots background

Monday, September 16, 2013

Gluten

Everyone seems to be going gluten free lately for one reason or another. I have always thought it was a somewhat annoying new fad. BUT, here I am talking about it. 

I have known for a while that something wasn't totally agreeing with my body. I just didn't know what it was. A few months ago I read an article that outlined a few if the symptoms of gluten intolerance. I had quite a few of those symptoms. Dang it! Ha. None of them were so bad that I felt I needed to cut if our immediately or completely. However, I did know I should probably work on it. 

Since we decided to do game on again I figured now would be a good opportunity to also try gluten free. I would always just have rice or fruit for my carbs instead of tortillas and sandwich thins. It really hasn't been bad. I have eaten lots of gluten in my free days - because hello! All the good foods (brownies) have gluten. Ha. 

I haven't really paid close attention to my symptoms though. But today a friend blogged about some bumps on the backs of her arms. Something like that was on the list of symptoms I'd read a while back. I have basically had them for as long as I can remember. But guess what! They are pretty much gone! I was so shocked. I really can't tell you a time in my life I can ever remember not having those dang bumps. I always blamed it on dry skin (I suck at putting lotion on regularly). But I haven't changed anything about my routine. The only real thing I've changed is my diet.

So maybe there is something to this whole gluten free fad. Crazy. Ha. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If the bumps are gone, then I would think it *must* be gluten related! That's great that you've made some healthy improvements :) as for me, I've never had any intolerance to gluten, and I know that KP runs in my family. so I think I'm stuck with it...dang, haha. But I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who has to deal with dang annoying arms bumps! :)

Emmie said...

I have been Gluten Free for about 14 years now....there actually some really good recipes for brownies, cake as well as pizza crust. It's not as bad as you think! I actually prefer gluten free food to gluten-ized food.