turqoise dots background

Thursday, June 14, 2012

8 Months

Why have I gotten so bad at updating about Jackson?  He turned 8 months on the 5th (so I'm only 9 days late! ha)  I am really loving this stage.  He is so happy, fun, interactive, and becoming more independent.  I love it.  I always have a hard time writing these bullets, I know I leave things out.  I'll try anyway.  Here is what he's up to at 8 months:

  • Scooting all over the place!  He is SO MUCH HAPPIER now that he doesn't have to stay in one place.  He used to just move around in the living room.  That is, until he got brave and went onto the wood floors one day.  Ha.  He was so cautious of them.  Once he realized it was okay he never looked back.  He has also gotten fast.  If you look away for one second he could be half way down the hallway.
  • He has a mind of his own.  If he wants something he does everything he can to get it.  I tried to take him out of the laundry room the other day. As soon as I set him down he turned around and booked it back.
  • Is weaned to bottles/sippy cups except for right when he wakes up and when he goes to bed.  I think he could be weaned for those but I don't really want to yet.  I love feeding him when he's sleepy and cuddly.
  • Still has no teeth.
  • Usually sleeps from 9-10 to about 7:30.  Then he goes back to sleep until 9 or 10.  I'm loving it.
  • Is getting better about taking naps in a crib.  I still have to let him cry for 15 minutes or so sometimes.  Not my favorite.
  • Says mama and dada.  So what that he doesn't know what it means
  • Has started to give me kisses if I make a kissy sound at him.  And by kisses I mean he opens his mouth and leans towards me.  I'll take it.
  • Hangs out in a onsie most days.  And sleeps in them.  Basically his wardrobe is going to waste because I never get him dressed.
  • Because he scoots everywhere he is a good mop.  Oh, and we've had 2 almost choking incidents - on the same day.  The first one was a tiny lego.  The second one was part of a wrapper and I couldn't find it.  That one was more scary for me even though it was only in his mouth for a few seconds.  Good thing Juston was here for that.
  • Needs to go up a size in diapers.  But I'm cheap and didn't want to waste them.  However, I'm SICK of cleaning up gigantic blowouts.  I will be buying new diapers tomorrow.
  • Loves to jump in his door jumper thing.  It's pretty awesome for me when he's happy and I need to get things done.
  • Loves to get his back scratched when he's tired.

Ok - so I guess I remembered a lot of things.  But I'm sure there are a million more things I could write.  I just love this little boy oh so very much.  He is so fun and makes me laugh and smile every single day.  I'm so glad I get to be his mom!

His legs reach over the edge quite a bit now!  He's getting longer.  Oh, and please note how dirty the onsie is.  And he only had it on for like 10 minutes before this.  He is always dirty now!

Happy baby

Trying to escape! Ha

1 comment:

Ashley Richins said...

little cutie! hey brighton... why did you stop blogging? I need to read about your life!