This post is just a lot of my thoughts I've had today. They don't really go together but whatever. Go with it.
- I think I might cut my hair shorter. It is no longer curly (sad) and I have just been getting the itch. We'll see. Cutting hair costs money though so it probably won't happen for a while.
- After tomorrow my parents are officially old. :) haha. They will have 0 kids in elementary school. (and a grandkid that could be in elementary school) So weird.
- We met our new neighbors tonight. They seem really cool. I'm excited for the change in the environment in the neighborhood that new neighbors bring. It was nice to go out and talk and not have any tension between anyone. We even talked about doing a block party. I'm pretty sure that has NEVER been suggested the whole time we've lived here. I foresee good things in the future of our little cul de sac. (well ok, my parents' cul de sac)
- I'm really excited for Darci and Devin to get into their new house. It definitely has some fixing up to do. But, I think that can be a lot of the fun of it. I'm excited to see how they decorate and arrange everything. The house is seriously huge. I thought I would get jealous when I went over to see it because it is so huge compared to ours. I didn't at all though. Yes, it is going to be way nice. Yes, they have way more space than us. But really, we don't need that right now at all. Our house is going to be perfect for us. We don't have the money to have a fix up house. We don't have the kids to fill up lots of bedrooms. Those things will come. I'm glad I'm not wishing for the future some more. I think it will be fun to get decorating ideas and painting ideas and all of that together.
- Tevin had his 5th grade party/dance today. I went to take pictures of the photo booth. It was super dark so I had a hard time seeing what was even in the frame. When I loaded them onto the computer I laughed at quite a few of them. Thank goodness for cropping and editing.
- Last, but CERTAINLY not least. I have an amazing husband. Today was one of those days that I am so super grateful for him. Jackson thought it would be fun to not sleep last night (I don't know if it was because I, again, forgot to give him his reflux medicine or because he took a four hour nap yesterday). He went to bed a little late and a while later we went to bed. Around 1:30-2, I think, he woke up. I tried to just console him and get him back to sleep but it didn't work. I decided to feed him to get him back to sleep that way. He was pretty much asleep when he was nursing so I put him back in his crib. That was definitely not what he had in mind. He cried and cried. I tried so hard to just let him go back to sleep and fall asleep myself. Unfortunately I couldn't do it. When I get too tired my whole body gets uncomfortable and I get really upset really easy. I got to that point last night. I finally woke Juston back up and asked him for help because I was uncomfortable and upset. He got up and comforted him and let me go back to sleep. I must have been OUT because apparently Jackson was up until 5. Juston tried playing with him, rocking him, just letting him lay in his crib, everything except waking me back up for help. Plus, in the morning he just let me sleep instead of waking me up when he left. He was so exhausted. Even tonight he helped with Jackson a ton before he went to bed. I felt so loved today. I'm so glad I married such an awesome guy.
- These short thoughts turned out to be quite long.....ha.
1 comment:
A lot of your thoughts are ones I have been having lately but haven't said anything about them. Soon I will. :) Glad you were able to find a house that works for you right now. :)
Post a Comment