turqoise dots background

Sunday, June 3, 2012

So Much For That....

Remember two days ago when I said I was doing the June photo challenge? Ha. This is day two of not taking the picture I was supposed to.  It's not even a hard challenge.  Yesterday I decided I didn't need to since I was taking so many other pictures.  Today, I don't really have an excuse.  It was supposed to be of my plate or food or something like that.  Well, I only ate one meal because we were fasting.  I wasn't really thinking, "hmmm, I should take a picture of this" while I was eating.  Or even when I was done.  I guess the point is that I think about pictures more often.  Oh well.  Here's to a new day tomorrow! Maybe I'll try to catch up?? We'll see.....

In other news, today was an interesting day.  We had a ROUGH night last night.  I went to bed feeling super sick from all of the sugar.  Then Jackson woke up at about 4 and had a hard time sleeping after that.  Then Juston was up sick.  Basically, we debated getting up for church this morning.  Church was actually really good though so I'm really glad we went.  It was testimony meeting and the testimonies were good.  Then Greg took Jackson for the second two hours.  The kids were pretty good for singing/sharing time.  It helped that they knew the song we were learning (Nephi's Courage) and Sister Piet did a great job with the lesson for sharing time.  When we went in for our lesson the kids were really hyper.  We did our usual talking and letting them tell us about their week and whatever they want.  They were still really hyper though and we were all freezing (the air condition was working on overdrive).  We decided to go on a walk around the church and play do as I'm doing to get wiggles out and warm up (yes, the 100+ degree heat felt really good because it was so cold inside).  It really helped and the rest of the lesson went well.  I love when that happens.

After church we were really hoping Jackson would take a good nap so we could too.  That definitely did not happen.  He slept for maybe a half hour.  He was just grumpy today.  Finally Juston just took him out to play and I took a short nap (it's times like that I know I have the best husband ever).  When I woke up it was supposed to be dinner time.  My mom came in and said there was a mishap with her alarm going off and she didn't wake up to put the chicken in the oven.  Needless to say, we had pancakes and eggs for dinner.  The rest of the night we all just played, skyped with Karen, and finally put Jackson to bed.  He is sleeping well so far (I remembered to give him his reflux medicine) and I am really hoping he makes it through the night.  We'll see.

No comments: