turqoise dots background

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Brian Reagan

Last weekend we were able to go up to Taucahn in St George to see Brian Reagan with my parents.  It was one of the best dates we have ever been on.  I was really nervous about leaving Jackson for that long and thought about backing out a few times.  I am so glad I didn't though! I know he was in good hands (thanks Lavinia and Slate!!) and was well taken care of.

Before the show we went to Brick Oven Pizza.  I'll be honest, it was not my favorite.  We did the salad and pasta bar.  It totally left something to be desired, that's for sure.

Then we went to the show.  Both him and the guy that opened were HILARIOUS!  I was laughing pretty much the whole time.  One of my favorite jokes was from the guy that opened.  It went something like this:    "I always love talking to people who aren't parents but love to share their ideas about parenting.  One of my favorites is when people say they aren't going to be the kind of parent that just sticks their kid in front of the TV.  So what, are they never going to poop again for the next 18 years!?  And do their bodies just clean themselves?!"  Hahaha.  I don't know why I thought that was so dang funny.  There were lots of other funny jokes too, that just happens to be the one I always remember.

Another favorite part of the show was the guy a few rows in front of us.  He sounded like a dying seal when he laughed.  I may or may not have laughed harder than normal because of his laugh.  It was pretty awesome.

After the show we went to Ice Burg to get shakes.  Their shakes are GIANT.  Seriously.  So good, but SO big.  Juston and I always talk about sharing.  We can't ever decide on a flavor to share so we always end up getting our own and then regretting it. Ha, oh well.  It was so yummy though.  Mmmmm.  I love ice cream.

Seriously though, it was one of the best date nights ever.  It was nice to get out without Jackson, do something different, laugh hysterically, and just have fun.

Us before the show

The stage.  I had never been here before - it is really pretty!

Us and my parents

The picture Juston snuck

No comments: