turqoise dots background

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Date Night

Juston and I haven't really gotten to see a lot of each other this week.  He has been busy studying for his final in Chemistry and we have just been busy.  Even today I was running around driving kids to different places they needed to be.  Tonight we decided it was high time we spent some time together.  We didn't want to spend a lot of money though.  We lucked out and realized we still had some gift cards to Applebees (I think date night gift cards are one of the best gifts ever).  So we took Jackson and went to dinner.  It was fun!  Jackson is at a good age to go out to eat with.  He sat in the high chair (for his first time at a restaurant) and just played.  He played with a toy until the food came and then just chewed on a piece of celery the rest of the night. Easy peasy.  Plus he was a crack up most of the time so it was fun.

When we were ordering we didn't really care for anything on the 2 for $20 menu.  SO we went a different route.  We did an appetizer (the sampler) and an entree (a hamburger) and split them both. Why have we never done this before!? We got the appetizers we wanted and had plenty of food.  We did get a frozen strawberry lemonade that we shared with Jackson, that was also pretty entertaining.

Afterwards we went and got small ice creams at Dairy Queen and brought them home.  I know Jackson should be in bed already, but it is fun to just play with him tonight.  I know he'll still wake up early, but it's ok.  I'm loving just having this time to hang out with my boys.

No comments: