Our offer was accepted for the house!!! We are more than excited right now. I can't even describe our feelings. There are way too many. Excited to have a place of our own. Excited to be able to paint (we've never been able to do that before), redo flooring, light fixtures, or whatever else we want because it is OURS. Excited to have more than a little bedroom. So very very very grateful that our prayers and pleads have been heard and answered. So grateful that we have had the tiny bedroom to live in so we could save money to be able to buy instead of rent. Nervous about having real bills to pay. Sad we won't be able to leave Jackson when he is sleeping (or not) to go run, bike, or just run a quick errand. Needless to say, it has been a roller coaster of emotions today. But mostly, we are ecstatic.
Here is how I it all went down.
When we first started looking we were only able to go in the evenings or on the weekends due to Juston's schedule. We finally decided that wasn't working because we were seeing houses too late (they were having offers submitted and accepted on the first day they were on the market). We changed our game plan that they would come get me every day and show me anything new. If I liked it, we could bring Juston into the picture with all of this. Not exactly my ideal situation, but it had to be done. I did miss him being with me to see houses. It was always nice to have him there to see how he felt and bounce ideas off of.
On the day I found this house (Tuesday) they (our AWESOME realtors Melanie and Kit) came and picked me up. My mom said she'd watch Jackson for me so I basically just ran out the door. We went to one house and got yelled at (I need to blog about that) so we didn't even look at the house. We just went straight over to this house. It was pretty much love at first sight. I walked in and was just amazed at how great of condition it was in. It had nice hardwood floors. I loved the open layout. I loved that it was open but the kitchen was still somewhat separate. I LOVED the master. The closet is HUGE and so is the room. The bedrooms are good size. The laundry room is upstairs. The garage has cabinets in it. Basically, it was everything we were looking for.
We decided we couldn't wait for Juston so I called him and told him to look at pictures. He did, said he liked it, so we went to make the offer. After Juston got done with class we met him at the property so he could at least see it. He loved it also. Yay!
Then started the waiting game. We were to get a response within 24 hours. We did, just not the response we wanted. We were told there were multiple offers so we were given the chance to revise our offer. We decided to up our offer.
Well, we knew today would be the day. We were so nervous and excited. The day seriously DRAGGED on. I kept putting off taking a shower because I was SURE they would call while I was showering. Finally, I decided I just needed to get over it and shower. Well, what do ya know, they called while I was showering. Ha. As soon as I got out I called them back and they gave me the awesome news!!! I was basically jumping up and down, laughing, and had the biggest smile on my face ever. I think it scared Jackson a little. Oops. :)
When we got off the phone I tried to call Juston, about 5 times. Because he didn't answer!! Oh, that was the longest 5 minutes ever having to wait to tell anyone (because how could I not tell him first!? Ha).
AH! We are so excited. Anyway. On to what you really want - pictures of the house.
![]() |
| The front yard. It is right through the gate on the corner. But the house to the right is the only one next to us. |
![]() |
| Master. The wall is a dark brown right now. You can't tell but the ceiling is vaulted which makes it feel even bigger. The closet is the door next to the sinks and goes all the way behind the mirror. |
![]() |
| The extra bedrooms. When you go up the stairs you turn right and there is a bathroom on one side, laundry on the other, and then the bedrooms after those. |






No comments:
Post a Comment