Today was a good day for me. It started off fairly normal. Jackson woke up, ate, and wanted to go back to bed. I kept him up for a little bit longer in hopes that he would take a little better nap. So I ate breakfast and then tried to put him dow for a nap. He was so ready when we started attempting nap time, but not too tired. It seemed perfect. Ha. Not. Again, he was pretty hard to get to sleep. I tried the crib for a while and then moved him to the swing. Finally he fell asleep. Wahoo.
While he was asleep I got ready for the day. I decided instead of staying home for most of the day I wanted to go run errands with my mom. I thought the change of pace might help me to feel better. My mom needed to go to the Fashion Show Mall to get my sister's prom dress. Once Jackson woke up (from a decent nap actually) we left. While we were there we decided to look for a bridesmaid dress for my friend's wedding. I tried on a few, but nothing was really jumping out at me - especially for $100 plus....
After we picked up the dress we decided to go to Forever 21 just to see. I wasn't really expecting to find anything - especially in my size (Forever 21 is for TINY people). But I did!! I found a dress I really like. It is royal blue (her color). It goes to my knees but needs a little jacket of some sort (it's a tank top). It is nice enough for her wedding but I can still wear it to church. But the best part? It was only $26! Yay!
This evening we were lucky enough to be given some stuff that we decided could be made into a spaghetti (ish) sauce and canned. So that's what we've been doing all night. I feel very blessed to be able to increase our food storage. I know it will come in handy for us some day.
Throughout all the running around and everything Jackson was really good. He slept a lot in the car and was mostly happy. He did get sick of the carseat a few times, but he wasn't ever awful.
I know it was a fairly simple (but busy) day. But it was good. It didn't fix my exhaustion, I still don't know how to make naps and bedtime better, but it was a good day.
No comments:
Post a Comment