turqoise dots background

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Half a Year - Really?!

I can't believe my baby is already 6 months old.  That is half a year people!! Holy cow.  I have been a mom and kept another human alive for half a year. Crazy.

He is definitely a growing boy! I think overnight he went from fitting perfectly in the 3-6 month clothes to being way too long for them and needing 6-9 month clothes.  I always hate switching out clothes.  I feel like he barely gets to use them before they are too small.

At his appointment on Wednesday he was 15 pounds 11 ounces and 26 1/4 inches long.  Growing growing growing!  So according to the growth chart I just looked up (I always forget to ask the doctor) he is in the 50th percentile for height but 25th percentile for weight. So normal height and skinny.  Keep it up boy! Ha.




What is he up to these days??

  • Smiling, smiling, smiling.  He is such a happy baby and I love it!
  • Eating solids and loving them
  • Rolling from back to front but not front to back
  • Scooting on his tummy when he is mad.  He can also turn himself a little bit
  • Sitting up for a little bit at a time.  Not enough that I could just sit him down and leave him or anything.  But he can sit up for a minute or two now.
  • Still loving naps in the swing
  • Understanding when he is left in a room by himself
  • Knows who his mom and dad are.  He gets SUPER happy when Juston gets home from work.  It is one of my very favorite things ever.
  • Loves the exersaucer.  It is his favorite place to hang out.
  • Might be getting a tooth.  Not quite sure.  He seemed like it for a few days but not so much anymore. We'll see....
  • Learning to sleep un-swaddled.  It is a work in progress.
  • Loves sleeping with his stuffed monkey and his snuggly blanket thing.  You know those little squares that are really soft?  It is one of those.  He likes to have them on each side of his face to fall asleep.
  • Loves to suck on his fingers and toes
  • Is a stinker with falling asleep.  He doesn't really like it and fights it like crazy.  We try not to rock him to sleep, but sometimes it is necessary.
  • Is getting too big for the bassinet.  I need to hurry up and finish his bedding and figure out how to fit a crib in here. (ha. That should be interesting)
  • Is figuring out how to throw fits.  When he is mad he will arch his back and scream.  If he is doing this at 6 months I am a little afraid of what he will do when he is 2....

I just love this little boy so much.  He is so fun!  I love spending my days with him.  I am going to be sad when I start teaching preschool and don't have him with me all day every day.  I love how happy he almost all of the time.  I love getting him up from a nap and seeing how smily and happy he is to see me.  He is one of my best friends and I love him so much!!

No comments: