turqoise dots background

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Utah Trip

Over spring break I was able to go up to Utah with my mom and siblings.  We haven't been up there since before Jackson was born so it was definitely time.  It was a great trip! We got to go to General Conference. I had never been before.  Everyone always went in Rexburg but I never had the opportunity.  It was awesome to be there live.  I was able to be there for the Saturday afternoon session.  During that session everyone sustains the leaders of the church.  It was one of the most amazing things to be there when everyone sustained the Prophet and First Presidency.  It was so overwhelming to raise your hand with all of those people to say, "yes, I will follow and support you."  Really, it was amazing.

Also during the week we were able to do lots of projects in the shop (translate - my grandpa did lots of projects while we made it look like we were working).  I came home with an awesome frame, a chalkboard, blocks, geo-boards, and a full-length mirror.

On Saturday night we had a girls night out with my mom, her sisters, my sister, and my (hopefully) soon to be sister Rose while the boys were at the Priesthood session.  We went to Red Robin and it was SO good.  We were still doing Game On at that point so I hadn't had a hearty meal like that in a while.  MMM.  (side note - did you know you can get your burgers wrapped in lettuce there? I didn't. It was really good though!)

I also got to see some of Juston's cousins and my friend Kirsta while I was there.  I don't see them often enough.  It was great to spend time with them and meet Diana's fiancé.  It was also their first time meeting Jackson.  I love that he has great cousins that I can go see and have fun with even when he isn't there.

It was just a fun, laid back trip and I loved it.  I think the only things that could have made it better would be Jackson sleeping better (he got cold in the middle of the night and hot in the morning) and Juston being able to be there with us.  I can't wait to go back this summer!



On Trax going to Conference



The kids after Conference


All of us after Conference. Thanks mom for making it happen! (and Bishop!)


Madeline being a good little mom

Ha. As soon as I pulled out the camera Bridger came up to me and got really close and made this face.  

Bridger and Jackson playing together.  I love that Jackson is starting to get big enough to play with Bridger

One day Darci, Dakota and I went out to lunch.  We went to Zupas.  None of us had ever been there before so Darci and I decided to get 4 different things (you got 2 with each meal) and share all of them.  Well, Darci got the crappy end of that stick because she didn't really like my stuff and LOVED her stuff.  Oh well.  Oh, and I went back the next day with Kirsta and got more! Haha

Our attempt at a picture with my grandpa and all of the great grandkids

Haha - Darci put both kids in the exersaucer.  They actually were happy like this for a few minutes.  I don't think Jackson even noticed.

My frame and our chalkboards.  The skinny one is Darci's and the big one behind it is mine.  I am so excited to get it painted and ready for preschool!

No comments: