turqoise dots background

Friday, July 13, 2012

Fun Day

Today was a fun day!  Jackson slept well so I was able to wake up feeling rested (even though I stayed up late talking to Juston last night).  That was a great feeling.  When we got up we headed outside to the shop.  We talked about a few projects we wanted to do.  Then we came in and got ready for the day.  Once we were ready I left Jackson inside with my cousin Sarah while I went outside.  I didn't really get anything of my own done, but I watched/tried to help my mom with some of her projects.  I did go get the wood for one project though so I am excited to get started.

Later we made stepping stones.  My mom made a whole bunch with leaves, flowers, and other things to print on them.  The kids all made them with their hand/foot prints.  I was able to make one of Jackson's footprints.  It was quite the task.  I had wanted a hand and foot print but he kept squishing the concrete with his fingers.  It just didn't work so we ended up with two footprints.  I hope it turns out! I'm a little nervous for it though.

Oncew we cleaned up and all came in we decided to go to Chick-fil-A for cow appreciation day (aka FREE FOOD!) Ha.  You had to dress up as a cow for the free food.  It was pretty funny.  It was me, Dakota, Slate, Tevin, Sarah, Madeline, and Hadley.  I also got a salad so I could eat it and still have a sandwich for my grandpa.  It was pretty yummy.  Everyone but me went to a different one to get more food after we ate. It was a fun night.

Now, Jackson is in bed.  I am going to do some sort of exercising with my mom and then hopefully talk to Juston for a while.  I am glad it was a good day.  It makes being away from Juston a little bit easier.....although I do still really miss him! (which is why I avoid going to bed....I hate sleeping without him)

Here's to hoping tomorrow is just as good a day!  



No comments: