turqoise dots background

Monday, July 9, 2012

Preschool

I have been trying to plan lessons, my classroom, and everything else that goes along with preschool.  It is HARD.  I feel like it is especially hard with nobody telling me what or how to do things.  I love that I can do things my way, don't get me wrong.  But it is stressful.  I know I need to just relax and know that everything will turn out fine.  The kids will learn, I will learn, and it will be fine.  I'm just struggling with knowing exactly how and what to teach.  I have a LOT of materials to use, plus pinterest (ha) and that might be part of the problem.  I feel like there is so much to teach and so little time.  Plus I haven't done a lot with 3 and 4 year olds so I'm not used to their shortened attention spans.  That makes it hard to plan my schedule.  So if anyone wants to just plan all of my lessons and I'll just show up and teach that would be fabulous. :) Just kidding.  That's what I complained about all through school - having to teach what someone else planned/wanted.  I am really excited to do this.  I'm just really slow at planning my days/lessons so I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment.....

No comments: