Last weekend was the Terry Family Reunion. I was excited to go because I haven't been to one in probably 6 years. I haven't seen a lot of that family in a long time. Juston hasn't even met most of them (he wasn't there so he still hasn't).
We went up to the Marjorie Hinckley camp up in Heber. There were cabins with bunks (no padding) for everyone to sleep in and a big pavilion to do all of the cooking and activities. The people that ran the camp were quite intense about everything. There was rule after rule after rule about what we could/couldn't do. That was kind of a bummer. I was a little bummed that I didn't get to stay up and hang out with everyone after putting Jackson to bed - that's always one of the best parts of a reunion.
We did have fun learning about my great-great grandparents. We also did some cute crafts for the kids (not Jackson's crown). On Saturday afternoon we went down to the lake and got to do the paddle boats. Again, they were pretty intense. At the end it was pretty funny hearing everyone swap stories about what they got in trouble for. There was - hooking boats together, going too close to the ducks, sitting on the floor of the boat, not paddling fast enough when they called the boats in, etc etc. It was an adventure.
Unfortunately I didn't get very many pictures - they are all of Jackson. Ha. I am so glad I got to see the people I did though. Everyone's lives are changing so much and it was good to catch up a little. Hopefully it won't be six more years before I see them all again.
 |
| Jackson's crown made out of duct tape and pipe cleaners. I didn't originally mean for it to be BSU colors but it turned out that way. Ha. |
 |
| Jackson and I right before our boat ride. Can you tell he was SUPER tired? |
 |
| He fell asleep right before we got on the boat and slept the whole time. |
 |
| Madeline hanging out on the back of the boat |
 |
| My mom |
 |
| Jamen, Madeline, Rose, and Gary. Gary was sitting on the floor of the boat because he felt too unstable when he sat up on the seat. He got in trouble for that later. |
 |
| Me, my mom, Hadley, and Jackson |
 |
| Tevin and my dad |
 |
| Dakota, Maggie, and Slate. We tried to hold onto their boat so they could pull us. They didn't like that. So they tried to tie onto our boat so we could pull them. We got in trouble for that later. Ha. |
No comments:
Post a Comment