turqoise dots background

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Beach 2012

I guess it's about time I finished blogging about our trip.  Ha.

The night we got there I prayed so hard that we could have a good vacation.  My prayers were totally answered.  The rest of the week was fantastic.  We had perfect weather, Jackson was so good, it was relaxing (sort of) and fun.  It was a good week.

Jackson's first time in the sand.  He LOVED it.  Seriously.  He would crawl around, play in it, and eat it all day if we let him.  I would have let him more except he didn't quite get the concept of not sticking his face in the sand.  He got sand in his eyes a few times and was not happy about it.  But other than that he was so happy when we put him in the sand.

Everyone playing on the beach the first day.  And the boys napping in the stroller.  That's pretty much where they took their naps every day.  I was SOOOOO glad I bought that stroller.  (side note - I bought it at DI a few weeks before this trip for like $65.  I had been feeling a little bit of buyers remorse because we didn't REALLY need a double jogging stroller.  However, this trip made it so worth it.  I'm so glad we bought it.  We used it so much.)

I think this was one of the last days.  We went to different beaches most days because the beaches at Carlsbad were so bad.  I think this is in Oceanside.  By this time Juston was pretty sunburned.  Darci also learned the awesome trick of keeping Bridger in his pjs - kept him clean and protected from the sun.  

Trying to take some family pictures on the beach. Ha.  There are a few fun ones though.

 We buried Jackson on the last day.  He thought it was pretty funny.

Beautiful sunset

Jackson playing in the water for the first time.  He loves water so naturally he loved it.  However, it was cold so he didn't last long.

More playing on the beach.  I only brought those gates down one day.  They were so nice but just too big to bring down.

Ha - this was so funny.  We accidentally caught a squirrel at one point on the first day.  So we tried to catch one again (well, Juston and Madeline did).  They made a trail of goldfish into the baby gates to try to get one in.  Every time a squirrel would come close someone would walk past and scare them away.  Juston told Madeline to hide and make sure no people came (I think he mostly just wanted her out of the way) and boy did she take her job seriously.  She really did tell quite a few people to go a different way because they were trying to "catch that thing." Ha.  They never did catch one again.

Playing in the sand.  Jackson always found the dropped goldfish to eat.  My mom was also the baby whisperer and got all of Darci's kids to sleep.

Bike riding in Newport.  It wore Jackson out.  All three of Darci's kids were squished into the bike trailer.  They weren't too happy about that.  

Newport - spending time with Lindsey, Jackson's face full of sand, Hadley's "sand crabbies,"  everyone at the Wedge, cool pictures of Juston and Jackson, and Jackson crawling around.

My mom shared her ice cream with Jackson.  He loved it and was so happy she shared.  Then she ran out and he threw a big fit. Ha. Little stinker.

Like I said - he loved the sand!

No comments: